Audacity stuff by mysx (planned)

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
mysx
Kingpin

Audacity stuff by mysx (planned)

Post by mysx »

I would like to make a small VISUAL tutorial about how I use to cut, paste,
amplify and more to make the audio exactly how I want it.

But - I don't know where to store pictures and video clips :roll:

Audacity is a magical tool for audio where you can zoom into the smallest piece of a sound.
You can create, copy, change or mix any sound and make it sound real.
Only your imagination is needed to create the most amazing sounds.
When you have learned this amazing tool you will feel like a god.

I didn't say I'm a god.
Last edited by mysx on 25 Mar 2017 10:43, edited 3 times in total.
Sounds like sex
georgehale

Re: Audacity stuff by mysx

Post by georgehale »

That would be so useful! I failed completely on audacity when I tried it before, apparently my clip sounded like it was recorded inside a bathtub!
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

georgehale wrote:That would be so useful! I failed completely on audacity when I tried it before, apparently my clip sounded like it was recorded inside a bathtub!

Hehe! I've done that too :mrgreen:

Actually it's about to try and try again in a different way, doing wrong is part of learning.

As soon as I find a suitable host (a free and good one) I'd like to start making a tutorial.
Sounds like sex
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

By the way, if it sounds like a bathtub or inside a ventilation shaft you have probably tried the noise reduction.
I've never had any successful result with that.
Sounds like sex
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

I could use tumblr for this since I have a blog there but I guess it won't be public.
Sounds like sex
tweaktweak

Post by tweaktweak »

You could try Youtube. You could always make the video private and share the link here. And maybe use "clean" audio. Or maybe upload it to a file sharing site. I don't know what people currently use for sharing large files.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

tweaktweak wrote:You could try Youtube. You could always make the video private and share the link here. And maybe use "clean" audio. Or maybe upload it to a file sharing site. I don't know what people currently use for sharing large files.
Or, if youtube doesn´t work for you, we could talk about using sexsoundlovers to host your tutorial. It needn´t be that big so it wouldn´t necessarily blast the server ;-) But of course it has to be rated a valuable source of know-how by our members...
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

What? valuable source?? Hehehe! :oops:
Well I don't know, I just wanted to show some of my solutions in a simple way - that most SSL's maybe know already :)

Youtube isn't good for me because I already have a personal account there and my isp, IP and everything is probably tracked down by google who is the owners now. I guess it's possible to track down a person from anywhere though but I don't want to drop all my clothes at the door already, if you got what I mean.

It's hard to make a text based tutorial and it's boring to read I guess. I wanted to make screen (window) recordings and add some text in the video to tell what I'm doing. However, I'm using free software for anything, maybe it won't be as good as I wanted it to be and it might take some time. If the first video's is not very good, anyone here would be welcome to make a better version for the project. I thought I could just start this and then we work together to make the best tutorial ever, made for SSL only :mrgreen:

With the H264 video codec it should be possible to make small video clips (mp4 or flv?) and still keep a high picture quality (needed to see small changes and text and more properly) because the Audacity window is quite clean from clutter and mixed pixels. The original clip however should be uncompressed for further editing and adding text before making the final video.

Of course the best is to store such videos within the community, and we could show how to edit a sexy sound for example :)
To avoid unexpected uploading of bad video clips I suggest a way for yeppie to approve the clips first, if possible.
Sounds like sex
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: Audacity stuff by mysx (planned)

Post by yeppie »

:twisted: Sorry mysx, didn´t want to scare you, no professional video expected...

If the resulting clip is smaller than 30mb, just upload it to the FAQ section where I could make it sticky so it stays at the top of the threads.
If it is over 30mb, we´ll find another way to link it from here.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

yeppie wrote::twisted: Sorry mysx, didn´t want to scare you, no professional video expected...

If the resulting clip is smaller than 30mb, just upload it to the FAQ section where I could make it sticky so it stays at the top of the threads.
If it is over 30mb, we´ll find another way to link it from here.
Hehe! Let's see. The 30 mb limit should be no problem. Ok I can start planning for real now when I know what's possible :)
Sounds like sex
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

This is about what I look like after a long Audacity session extracting from several mic plants..
Audacity.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
🧔👱‍♀️=🛏=💋💋😵‍💫💓💗💓💞=😖💥💥🥴=💦💦🫠=🤰=👶👶👶
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

Ha ha gekko1 :lol:

I apologize I haven't even get started, something happened and I forgot about it.
Sounds like sex
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

Making a video tutorial is harder than I thought. Maybe pictures plus audio samples would be enough.

Until I've figured out what to do, here's Audacity's very own tutorials
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorials.html
Sounds like sex