Funny situations

This is the place for general talk (not necessarily sexsound-related)
Jabberwocky75

Funny situations

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

I got to thinking the other day that even recording our favourite sounds there must be a "blooper reel". Situations that could now be classed as amusing, even though at the time it was an unholy disaster.

For example I have to walk fairly quietly to record Lucy so on dry nights I'll maybe go socks only. So one night the recorders are running (unsuccessful capture this night) and I'm going to check anything happening when I stood on a frog... and it popped... and I have to be quiet. So I'm basically hopping on one foot, trying to scrape the remains off my foot and I manage to find a slug with other foot. Suffice to say quietness went out of the window at that point.

Or the time I decided to accidentally test the waterproof qualities of USB recorders in the Isle of Man. There's a post from me all about the Sefton Hotel over there (still a paradise for our hobby - google the atrium rooms and book a holiday!!) and basically I had managed to capture quite a few couples during the 3 nights previously. Now basically you couldn't be quiet so I put the recorder on the balcony edge as normal and waited. Now in the atrium is a big water feature (that's turned off at 10pm). I went to swat a moth that was annoying me (no, I hadn't opened my wallet) and succeeding launching my recorder not just into the water feature but skimmed it from the top of the feature, down over the waterfall and into the bottom pond. Suffice to say the recorder was not waterproof. Still gutted about that one BUT can also see the funny side.

There are more of my disasters but for now what else has happened? Or is it just me? :roll:
thomas
Knight

Re: Funny situations

Post by thomas »

I have to say I was mostly too frustrated to recognize the funny aspect... One thing that comes into my mind: I had the chance to observe a couple from outside the builing in their flat on ground level... They had closed their outside lamella curtains, but when they started to have sex, it was quite easily possible to use a smartphone for recording (movie, not the sound). They had a really nice sex, first some foreplay, then him on her, afterwards vice versa, and I thought to be the luckiest guy on earth beeing able to record them... Later I noticed that the smartphone was recording the wrong site taking interesting pictures from the lamella curtains instead of the action... horrible...